1. Toy car – Z: “Mummy. Broken” Giving me the car without its tyre. M: “Yes, it’s broken. Sorry, darling.” Z: “Oh, nevermind.”
Nevermind? You rock, girl.
2. Looking at the hair dryer box – Z: “Mummy dry hair.”
3. Bedtime – Z lying in cot: “Mummy sit down.” so I can be next to her as she falls asleep.
4. Brown Bear, Brown bear What do you see? Z:”I see mummy…at me.” Z: “I see me.” You are cupcake gorgeous.
5. The day before you turn 21 months. M: Singing ‘Teddy Bear’ songs. Z: “More teddy bear songs.” when I was done. We did this 3 times!
6. That same day. Stacking up the blocks with animal faces. Block 9 has a polar bear. Z runs to get her Polar Bear book, points to picture and says, “Same”. Then, points to Christmas card from Uncle Adam and Aunty Cathy with 2 polar bears and says, “Same”. You amaze me. You are different everyday.